Ensuring unpaid carers have access to the information they need
We want to ensure unpaid carers are aware of services available to them, so they can access the support they need.
Through this work, we hope to:
- Help carers and the people they care for to get in touch with services, and get appointments in a timely manner
- Improve understanding of a caring role, so support is available for carers pre-diagnosis, in the environment that suits best
- Improve coordination of services supporting carers, with the needs of carers at the centre.
- Improve recognition of carers as a key member of the caring team.
- Modernise the respite offered across the region, providing more flexibility
- Improve the educational outcomes for young people who have a caring role.
- Increase opportunities for carers and those they care for to do activities